I too inherited such a course, it was not a good experience. Is there a
possibility of using it to illuminate disciplinary issues by looking at
different practices, I am thinking of the kind of interprofessional
learning that we aspire to in healthcare education, as well as getting
students to come up with their own examples within a single discipline.
However, interprofessional learning is argued to depend on a thorough
knowledge of one's own professional area, so more difficult to do at the
beginning of a course.
Regards
Janette

--
I work Mon-Thur at St George's

Dr Janette Myers
Senior Lecturer in Student Learning and Support,
Division of Population Health Sciences and Education,
Section for Medical and Healthcare Education,
6th floor Hunter Wing,
St George's, University of London
Cranmer Terrace
London