My recently-completed PhD thesis focused on the subject of the Hollywood 'happy ending', which has obviously required that I delve into endings and closure more broadly. One article stemming from this research, 'Does the Hollywood Happy Ending Exist?', is available online here.

I'd be very interested to know how others are approaching the subject of endings (it is indeed a bizarrely under-explored area), and would be happy to share either more work or bibliographies if people would like to contact me off list...

Best,

James MacDowell