Hi
I think the University of Kent (UK) runs a PhD program in two lines: one in research; the other in practice. I don't know details about the practice by research line though.
http://www.kent.ac.uk/courses/postgrad/subjects/film-studies/film-studies-practice-by-research-ma-mphil-phd
Best,Luis

Date: Tue, 19 Jul 2011 17:07:17 +0200
From: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [FILM-PHILOSOPHY] PhD Program in Film with Theoretical-Practice Approach
To: [log in to unmask]

Dear all,
I was wondering if anyone knows more about film program at a PhD level that combines theoretical research with creative practices? So far, the only school I know that runs this scholar-practitioner model at a doctorate level is USC's Media Arts and Practice (iMAP). But I'm sure there's more out there. Perhaps if you know please share it. I'm a graduate student who is surveying for a possible PhD education/research in this direction. Thanks beforehand and look forward to your info.
Kind regards, Ari PurnamaUniversity of GroningenNetherlands
--
Film-Philosophy
After hitting 'reply' please always delete the text of the message you are replying to