FYI - sorry for cross-posting but I thought this might be of interest to those not on the JISC-REPOSITORIES list.

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: CARDIO "statements review" - your help wanted!
Date: Mon, 11 Jul 2011 11:03:51 +0100
From: Joy Davidson <[log in to unmask]>
To: [log in to unmask]

The JISC-funded IDMP project is building a toolkit to assist Universities assess their research data management infrastructure. We'd like your help with a little bit of QA work, and we can offer £500 to each reviewer in exchange for your time.

We want to ensure the toolkit, called CARDIO, is easy to understand, free from jargon, clear, understandable and usable. It is important that the statements use plain language wherever possible and avoid curation-related terms. So the task is not one of testing the tool as a piece of software, rather ensuring that it uses language that can be understood.

Please see the Knowledgebase browser at http://idmp_kb.hatii.arts.gla.ac.uk/ for an overview of the statements. The live toolkit itself is at http://www.cardio.dcc.ac.uk/, where you can also find more information about how CARDIO works.

We anticipate testing will take about 4-5 hours. We'd like to gather results by 31 July 2011.

Please let me know if you are interested in assisting. I'll be happy to explain the task in more detail if needed.

More about the JISC programme: http://www.jisc.ac.uk/whatwedo/programmes/mrd/supportprojects/idmpsupport.aspx

Ed Pinsent
Digital Archivist / Project Manager
Digital Archives and Repositories
University of London Computer Centre
Senate House
South Block
Malet Street
London WC1E 7HU
http://www.ulcc.ac.uk
http://dablog.ulcc.ac.uk
Tel: +44 (0)20 7863 1345
Mobile: 0741 5593109
The University of London is an exempt charity in England and Wales and a charity registered in Scotland (reg. no. SC041194)