The paper "Vignettes and health systems responsiveness in cross-country
comparative analyses" by Nigel Rice, Silvana Robone and Peter C. Smith
will be read at an Ordinary Meeting at the 58th World Statistics
Congress <http://www.isi2011.ie/content/>  of the International
Statistical Institute in Dublin. It will be presented on Tuesday, August
23rd, 2011, at 3.00 p.m.

You can find information about Ordinary Meetings or download the PDF
file directly from our website www.rss.org.uk/preprints
<http://www.rss.org.uk/preprints> . If you would prefer a paper copy or
a PDF file sent directly to you please let me know.

We welcome contributions to the discussion following the presentation of
the paper. If you would like to contribute, you would be limited to 5
minutes' speaking time at the meeting. It would be helpful if you could
let me know in advance so that your name can be called. Please contact
me on the telephone number below or e-mail [log in to unmask]
<mailto:[log in to unmask]> .

If you cannot attend the meeting we would be happy to receive a written
contribution. The written version of such contributions is strictly no
more than 400 words in length (not including any tables or reference
details and figures). Please provide the following information at the
beginning of your contribution:

* the author(s) and title of the paper under discussion.

* your name (including your title) and your affiliation, as you would
wish it to appear on your printed contribution, e.g. Dr X, University of
Y, City Z.

* either a full postal address or an e-mail address where you wish to
receive the proofs of your contribution for checking (proofs will be
sent out approximately 3 months after the meeting).

You are not obliged to submit your written contribution before the
meeting but if you do it may be read out for discussion during the
meeting if there is time.

After the meeting, contributions may be submitted for publication by
sending a paper copy or PDF file direct to me at the Society's address
before Tuesday, September 6th, 2011. This deadline is important (i) to
help the authors of the paper, who will consider all the contributions
and compose a reply, in limited time and (ii) for the production of the
journal. A condition of publication of your contribution is that you
assign copyright to the Society on the form that will be provided when
we send you proofs to check.

Thank you.

Regards,

Abdel Khairoun
Editorial & Membership Assistant

The Royal Statistical Society, 12 Errol Street, London EC1Y 8LX |
www.rss.org.uk <http://www.rss.org.uk>  | Tel: +44 (0)20 7614 3923 |
Fax: +44 (0)20 7614 3905

Significance magazine is available online - www.significancemagazine.org
<http://www.significancemagazine.org>  and on Twitter at