Dear All,

We’ve recently been approached by ProAbility and I just wanted to ask if any of your institutions had used their service and if so, whether you had any feedback you could share.

ProAbility is a pilot scheme being supported by Remploy and funded by Access to Work. It’s a support scheme for employees who off on long-term sickness and wish to return to work or employees who are in work but are experiencing mental distress. As far I can gather, to be eligible for the scheme,  employees need to be disabled or have/be in recovery from a long-term health condition. ProAbility can work with the individual to create a support plan, provide mentoring and advice to managers and colleagues.  You can find more information on their website http://www.proability.co.uk/

It sounds very positive, but I just wanted to see if anyone else had used their service and what your experience had been like.

Many Thanks

Sally

Sally Middleton

Administrator - Diversity & Equality

Organisational Development & Diversity

Human Resources Department

University of Liverpool

Foundation Building

Brownlow Hill

Liverpool

L69 7ZX

Email: [log in to unmask]

Tel: 0151 7954146

BME Staff Network: [log in to unmask]

Disabled Staff Network: [log in to unmask]

LGBT Staff Network: [log in to unmask]

logos