From: psa women and politics group on behalf of PROF J LOVENDUSKI
Sent: Tue 28/06/2011 11:55
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Maternity leave and the REF

Bear in mind that I think it is not yet a  decision, is a proposal

Professor Joni Lovenduski
Sent from my iPad

On 28 Jun 2011, at 10:31, "Rosie Campbell" <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

	Dear Khursheed
	You are absolutely right, we must see what the consultation document says about part-time workers as soon as it's out. What I can't understand is that HEFCE commissioned this equality and diversity report evaluating the RAE  (it covers part-time work, maternity leave and women) <http://www.ecu.ac.uk/publications/files/equality-and-diversity-in-the-research-assessment-exercise-2008.pdf/view> http://www.ecu.ac.uk/publications/files/equality-and-diversity-in-the-research-assessment-exercise-2008.pdf/view.
	Yet this 14mnth decision seems to reflect a complete lack of interest in promoting equality and diversity.
	Best
	Rosie
	Dr Rosie Campbell
	Senior Lecturer in Politics