From: [log in to unmask] [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On
Behalf Of Tim Ellis
Sent: 15 June 2011 16:07
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [OCC-HEALTH] Electronic Cigarettes in the work place

Dear list,

A member of staff has raised an enquiry about the use of e-cigarettes at
work. For those that don't know, they look like ordinary cigarettes but
are (usually) plastic, contain nicotine and emit a "vapour" which is
reportedly harmless (by manufacturers) but it appears this is currently
unproven. I must admit it had me stumped for a minute, I have approached
my local NHS smoking cessation team for a view but was wondering if
anyone on the list had a view or experiences about these things in their
workplace, in particular in relation to smoking policy?

Kind Regards,

Tim Ellis RN, SPCHN (OH), PgDip OH
Occupational Health Advisor
Occupational Health Department

Edward Herbert Building (EHB)

Loughborough University
Leicestershire
LE11 3TU

UK

Telephone: 01509 222851

Mobile:      07917 053340

Fax:           01509 222852

http://www.lboro.ac.uk/admin/hse/occupational/
<http://www.lboro.ac.uk/admin/hse/occupational/>

This email was received from the INTERNET and scanned by the Government
Secure Intranet anti-virus service supplied by Cable&Wireless Worldwide
in partnership with MessageLabs. (CCTM Certificate Number 2009/09/0052.)
In case of problems, please call your organisation's IT Helpdesk.
Communications via the GSi may be automatically logged, monitored and/or
recorded for legal purposes.
******************************** Please remove this footer before
replying.

CONFERENCES AND STUDY DAYS:

The original of this email was scanned for viruses by the Government Secure Intranet virus scanning service supplied by Cable&Wireless Worldwide in partnership with MessageLabs. (CCTM Certificate Number 2009/09/0052.) On leaving the GSi this email was certified virus free.

OCC-HEALTH ARCHIVES:

CONFERENCES AND STUDY DAYS: