From: [log in to unmask] [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Smolen, Mary
Sent: 09 June 2011 09:01
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [OCC-HEALTH] Back Pain.. better not to do "back exercises"

Very interesting.  Thank you Diane.  Would be interesting to see what Physios have to say about it.

Incidentally does anyone know of a resource to help me understand the terminology used in research studies?  Prior to my commencement of the OH degree last year I did a distance-learning module on Research but this did not fully equip me to get all these words like ‘linear and logistic regression models’ or ‘adjusted odds ratios’.  I would LOVE to understand every word I read!!  Is there a course available or something?

Mary Smolen

Staff Nurse

Occupational Health Department

Royal Bournemouth Hospital

Castle Lane East

Bournemouth

BH7 7DW

Tel:  01202 704215

Fax:  01202 704513

To email confidential information to me from a source outside the RBCH NHS Trust,  please email

This message may contain information that is privileged or confidential.  It is intended for the addressee(s) only and should not be forwarded or copied to any third party without the consent of the sender.  If you received this in error please contact the sender and destroy the message.