Dear All
I was told by the RCN in 2006 I was not covered if my company made the contractual agreement-see below (Item 1) and I feel its too late when you actually need the cover so to avoid any ambiguity I joined the MDU-its objective is clear and I am absolutely certain I am covered. I need that level of confidence.
At the very least I suggest Occupational Health Professionals do a price/benefit comparison between the Trade Union that is RCN and MDU.
See the current MDU advert below (Item 2) it is unambiguous and absolutely clear
I did maintain my RCN membership for a couple of years but found membership of limited value to me and my practice and professional development.
Kind Regards
Lynda Bruce
Aberdeen

Item 1)

Dear Ms Bruce,

Thanks for your enquiry. I hope that the following points will assist you:

Best wishes,

Chris Cox

Item 2)

The MDU is a mutual, not for profit, organisation owned by our members. Established in 1885, we were the world's first medical defence organisation and have led the way ever since.

We defend the professional reputations of our members when their clinical performance is called into question.