Re: [OCC-HEALTH] Friday Funny's Dear List

Kevin and I are the official JISC list managers, we are responsible for ensuring that the list is managed in a professional way.  I am emailing in that capacity.

This  is a gentle reminder to please not post  “ Funnies” such as these. They are inappropriate on a resource designed to share professional information. This is not just Kevin and I having an end of week sense of humour failure, what list subscribers don’t see is the  complaints we receive off list from other subscribers who quite understandably object to a misuse of the list.

 There are other implications to the poster: a few years ago a subscriber circulated a Friday Funny – a JISC subscriber complained – on list – poster made a curt and rude response. JISC subscriber was interviewed for a new job the following week and the person to whom s/he had been rude was on the interview panel. Guess what – s/he did not get the post. The reason – posting Friday Funnies in work time went against him as it was considered unprofessional in itself but was compounded by their rude repost to a fellow professional.

Anne