Yep, I have come across this loads in the past and it is difficult to give a one size fits all as it will depend on the facts known in the situation.Have suggested a number  of options to managers in the past, depending on the person and situation:

-If person engaging in dialogue, encourage A&E attendance and ask for confirmation; manager/ other keep regular comms. Is there a friend at work that can help?
-If not engaging, Contact next of kin via HR to express serious concern (my view is that management would do this if it was an accident at work so why any different with mental health?)
-GP contact (if known) to express concern but ultimately contact Police if at any stage comms lost or serious concern for their safety. The police will, if need be, bosh their door down and take them to a place of safety

Hope this helps, just my experiences :)

Sent from my iPhone

Kind regards,

Tim Ellis RN, SPCHN (OH), PgDip OH