We advise managers to call an ambulance in such circumstances as it is a
potential emergency.

Regards,

Carr
On Jun 15, 2011 11:21 p.m., "sharon naylor" <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> another musing - have just been contacted by a past colleague wanting
advice with a situation they were experiencing(have to stress at this point
that my colleague is not OH/clinical). Someone has contacted my colleague by
phone and text giving the impression that they are suicidal, it is known
that the individual is "depressed" following multiple bereavements. Now I
know what I would do in such circumstances but started to ponder about a
policy/action plan for those that may well be contacted as a
friend/peer/line manager who may not have any codes of practise for
guidance. Does any list member have such a thing?
> Please remove this footer before replying.
>
> OCC-HEALTH ARCHIVES:
> http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/lists/occ-health.html
>
> CONFERENCES AND STUDY DAYS:
> http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/cgi-bin/filearea.cgi?LMGT1=OCC-HEALTH