________________________________

From: This list is for those interested in Data Protection issues
[mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Jaines, Amy
Sent: 09 June 2011 14:56
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [data-protection] Cautionary Contact List

Good Afternoon,

I'm pretty sure I can answer my own query here but would be very
grateful of a second opinion.

I am in the process of reviewing the protocols around access to our
Cautionary Contact List (list of members of the public who have
identified as violent/aggressive towards members of staff). Recently we
have outsourced our back-office services to newly established ALMO,
which include Customer Services and Revenues & Benefits.

What we would like to do is to establish a joint Cautionary Contact List
which can be accessed by members of staff from both organisations. What
I'm wondering is whether or not just an information sharing agreement
signed by a representative of both organisations is sufficient for
sharing this kind of information?

Also, once someone's details are placed on the register do we have to
tell them that we will be sharing that information with another
organisation other than the Council?

 Many thanks,

Amy Jaines - Information Governance Officer

Information Management

East Lindsey District Council,

Room 158, Tedder Hall, Manby Park, Manby

Louth, Lincolnshire, LN11 8UP

Tel: 01507 329413 ext. 506

E: [log in to unmask]
<mailto:[log in to unmask]>

Website: www.e-lindsey.gov.uk <http://www.e-lindsey.gov.uk/>

'Lincolnshire's Coastal District'

Get fit and active in East Lindsey.
<http://www.e-lindsey.gov.uk/sports/sports+centres>

addressed. This communication may contain confidential material. If you
are not the intended recipient or the person responsible for delivering
the email to the intended recipient, be advised that you have received
this email in error and that any use, dissemination, forwarding,
printing, or copying of this email is strictly prohibited. If you have
received this email in error, please notify the sender. The views
expressed in this message are my own, and any negotiations by email are
subject to formal contract. Any correspondence with the sender will be
subject to automatic monitoring for inappropriate content. Your
information will be processed in accordance with the law, in particular
the Data Protection Act 1998. The information that you provide will only
be used for Council purposes unless there is a legal authority to do
otherwise. The contents of e-mails may have to be disclosed to a request
under the Data Protection Act 1998 and the Freedom of Information Act
2000.

________________________________

All archives of messages are stored permanently and are available to the
world wide web community at large at

Selected commands (the command has been filled in below in the body of
the email if you are receiving emails in HTML format):

*	Leaving this list: send leave data-protection to
[log in to unmask] <mailto:[log in to unmask]&BODY=LEAVE
data-protection>
*	Suspending emails from all JISCMail lists: send SET * NOMAIL to
[log in to unmask] <mailto:[log in to unmask]&BODY=SET *
NOMAIL>
*	To receive emails from this list in text format: send SET
data-protection NOHTML to [log in to unmask]
<mailto:[log in to unmask]&BODY=SET data-protection NOHTML>
*	To receive emails from this list in HTML format: send SET
data-protection HTML to [log in to unmask]
<mailto:[log in to unmask]&BODY=SET data-protection HTML>

All user commands can be found at
http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/help/commandref.htm and are sent in the body
of an otherwise blank email to [log in to unmask]

Any queries about sending or receiving messages please send to the list
owner [log in to unmask]

(Please send all commands to [log in to unmask] not the list or the
moderators, and all requests for technical help to
[log in to unmask], the general office helpline)

________________________________

Securing the future... - Improving services - Enhancing quality of
life - Making best use of public resources.

The information in this email is solely for the intended recipients.

If you are not an intended recipient, you must not disclose, copy,
or distribute its contents or use them in any way: please advise
the sender immediately and delete this email.

Perth & Kinross Council, Live Active Leisure Limited and
TACTRAN do not warrant that this email or any attachments are
virus-free and does not accept any liability for any loss or damage
resulting from any virus infection. Perth & Kinross Council may
monitor or examine any emails received by its email system.

The information contained in this email may not be the views of
Perth & Kinross Council, Live Active Leisure Limited or TACTRAN.
It is possible for email to be falsified and the sender cannot be
held responsible for the integrity of the information contained in it.

Requests to Perth & Kinross Council under the Freedom of
Information (Scotland) Act should be directed to the Freedom of
Information Team - email: [log in to unmask]

General enquiries to Perth & Kinross Council should be made to
[log in to unmask] or 01738 475000.

General enquiries to Live Active Leisure Limited should be made
[log in to unmask] or 01738 492440.

General enquiries to TACTRAN should be made to
[log in to unmask] or 01738 475775.