That’s not quite the scenario I was referring to, which is: what if the information is the personal data of both the data subject and someone else.  In that case, the fact that the data subject already knows the information is highly relevant to the ‘reasonable in all the circumstances’ test in DPA s.7(4)(b).

The fact that I know a colleague’s home address is a different situation, as my colleague’s address is unlikely to also be my personal data

Maurice Frankel