> Hi all,

Hi Joanne,

> I am new to coot. I like it so far but I have reached a problem when
> attempting to refine. The residues mutated in the pdb are saved but
> out of order.

OK, let's be clear what you mean here.

Do you mean that the atoms of the residues are out of order (and the
residues are in order)?

Or that the atoms of the residue are in order and the residues are in order?

I recall that Coot did have some problems of the first kind - but that
was a long time ago (~years).

> In addition errors that residues have been duplicated are given during
> refinement when in fact I check the pdb and they are not duplicated.
>
> I am working with coot 0.6.1 on a Max OSX. I am thinking I may need to
> re-install it? Any advice would be helpful.

Re-installing won't help, I think.

You might like to try a 0.6.2-pre stand-alone build - if Bill makes them.

If the problem still persists, I'd like a recipe to reproduce the
problem (off-line).

Regards,

Paul.