Hi all

Has anyone done anything in particular in response to the changes to the rules on using cookies and similar technologies for storing information from the ICO?

http://www.ico.gov.uk/~/media/documents/library/Privacy_and_electronic/Practical_application/advice_on_the_new_cookies_regulations.pdf

We were going to update and add to our privacy policy in terms of what cookies we use and why, and that’s about it for now.

Useful article: http://www.pcpro.co.uk/news/enterprise/367198/ico-browser-settings-not-enough-for-cookies-law

“The ICO said it will issue "separate guidance" on how it plans to enforce the new regulations, but stressed it would only investigate websites after receiving a complaint, and then will merely require sites to show they have a "realistic plan to achieve compliance".”

Cheers

C.

Claire Gibbons | Senior Web and Marketing Manager | Marketing and Communications

University of Bradford | BD7 1DP | E: [log in to unmask]">[log in to unmask] | T: 01274 236529

http://www.bradford.ac.uk  | http://twitter.com/BradfordUni |

www.youtube.com/UniversityOfBradford | http://www.wildwestyorkshire.com

British Science Festival comes to Bradford, Sept 2011: http://blogs.brad.ac.uk/bsf/