Hi all

Has anyone done anything in particular in response to the changes to the
rules on using cookies and similar technologies for storing information from
the ICO?

http://www.ico.gov.uk/~/media/documents/library/Privacy_and_electronic/Pract
ical_application/advice_on_the_new_cookies_regulations.pdf

We were going to update and add to our privacy policy in terms of what
cookies we use and why, and that's about it for now.

Useful article:
http://www.pcpro.co.uk/news/enterprise/367198/ico-browser-settings-not-enoug
h-for-cookies-law

"The ICO said it will issue "separate guidance" on how it plans to enforce
the new regulations, but stressed it would only investigate websites after
receiving a complaint, and then will merely require sites to show they have
a "realistic plan to achieve compliance"."

Cheers

C.

Claire Gibbons | Senior Web and Marketing Manager | Marketing and
Communications

University of Bradford | BD7 1DP | E: [log in to unmask] | T: 01274 236529

 <http://www.bradford.ac.uk/> http://www.bradford.ac.uk  |
<http://twitter.com/BradfordUni> http://twitter.com/BradfordUni |

 <http://www.youtube.com/UniversityOfBradford>
www.youtube.com/UniversityOfBradford |  <http://www.wildwestyorkshire.com/>
http://www.wildwestyorkshire.com

British Science Festival comes to Bradford, Sept 2011:
<http://blogs.brad.ac.uk/bsf/> http://blogs.brad.ac.uk/bsf/