You need to add the xCon structure to the SPM variable and properly fill the xCon with the correct fields. If you have an old SPM.mat file you can see what the fields should be.

If you are simple wanting to cluster and find the peaks, the SPM.mat file is not actually needed with the peak_nii.m program that I recently wrote. There is a previous post on usage of peak_nii.m. It is available for download from http://www.martinos.org/~mclaren/ftp/Utilities_DGM/.

Best Regards, Donald McLaren
D.G. McLaren, Ph.D.
Research Fellow, Department of Neurology, Massachusetts General Hospital and Harvard Medical School
Office: (773) 406-2464
This e-mail contains CONFIDENTIAL INFORMATION which may contain PROTECTED HEALTHCARE INFORMATION and may also be LEGALLY PRIVILEGED and which is intended only for the use of the individual or entity named above. If the reader of the e-mail is not the intended recipient or the employee or agent responsible for delivering it to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that you are in possession of confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized use, disclosure, copying or the taking of any action in reliance on the contents of this information is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful. If you have received this e-mail unintentionally, please immediately notify the sender via telephone at (773) 406-2464 or email.