The data that is not included in the time window does not exist for DCM.

Vladimir

Sent using BlackBerry® from Orange

From: 飞鸟 <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Thu, 26 May 2011 17:13:58 +0800 (CST)
To: <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Re:Re: [SPM] Can DCM deal with short-term signal?

Dear Vladimir,
  Do you mean if I set timewindow= [250 300], onset time= 60 is inaccessible when I do DCM for ERP?
  Haoran.

At 2011-05-26 16:56:04,[log in to unmask] wrote:
Dear Haoran,

If you are talking about DCM for ERP, you should always include the onset of the ERP in your model. You cannot start modelling from the middle of the waveform because the model should 'know' how to get to that point. If you include the onset you can choose when to end the ERP. This was done systematically in Marta Garrido's paper about feedback loops.

Best,