Hi Nico,

Yes, what you described is the way to get what some people call 'pure
induced'. I think this is a rather artificial construct not
corresponding to any distinct physiological process because in reality
you get oscillatory activity with different degree of phase locking to
an event so it ends up in both evoked and induced components. So most
people just analyse the average TF and do not make this distinction.

Best,

Vladimir