I am trying to run DCM with a task that just has a single factor with 2
levels (i.e, OFF..ON...OFF...ON...). I am interested in the modulatory
effects (DCM.Ep.B) of the ON blocks,

When running a DCM, I can include just the ON blocks or both the ON and OFF
blocks.  Given that I am interested in the modulatory effects (DCM.Ep.B) of
the ON blocks, then I should just include the ON blocks in my DCM models -
correct?  In that case, are the OFF blocks used to specify the intrinsic
connectivity (DCM.Ep.A)?   Alternatively, if I include both the ON and OFF
blocks in the model, what data are used to test the intrinsic connectivity?

Thanks!!
Fred