From: psci-com: on public engagement with science [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Judith Bunting
Sent: 16 May 2011 18:40
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [PSCI-COM] David Willetts MP on women in science/communication

Apologies for the late reply (been working), but wanted to say thanks, Jenny, for taking my comments seriously and bothering to post information and sources. All really useful.

Have another associated question to ask (a red rag to wave?) ... Would there be any argument acceptable for saying one household, one wage (salary)? Is there a political party, either here or in Europe, that has such a move in it's manifesto/list of desires?

Do wonder if whether this is the only move that might spread life's benefits around more fairly. Would be hard for currently double-income families, I'm sure, but would it be harder than no-income families find things at the moment? Are there any benefits to be had from such a move outside the more even distribution of income across the country? Any hidden dangers.

Given the support Scandinavian countries offer homekeepers, have they achieved something like this already?

What can the social scientists out there tell me?

Judith