Dear SPM experts,

After searching the archive I still have 3 questions about SPM's default
masking threshold.  I apologize if these are naive questions, but I hope
someone can answer them.

1)  Why is the default masking threshold value set at 0.8 (i.e
defaults.mask.thresh = 0.8)?  Is there a significance to the value 0.8?

2)  Is there a  down-side to lowering this threshold (other than including
voxels with low/noisy signal and voxels that are not part of the brain)?

3)  Is there a minimum threshold value that would still yield principled
results?

Thanks,
Stanford
_________
Stanford Ly
Staff Research Associate I
Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences
MIND Institute
U.C. Davis Medical Center
2825 50th Street
Sacramento, CA 95817
(916) 703-0298

Confidentiality Notice:  The contents of this email are confidential, and
intended only for the use of the individual(s) and/or entity named above.
If the reader of this email is not the intended recipient, please be
notified that any dissemination of the contents of this message is
strictly prohibited by law.  If you have received this email in error,
please immediately notify the sender by return email.  Protected under
Evidence Code 1157.