Dear Colleagues,

http://cartomundi.eu - the website CartoMundi, dedicated to the promotion of the Cartographic Heritage, has been available in English, French and Spanish for a few days. This first part is dedicated to the International Directory of map libraries. Institutions holding, editing or selling cartographic documents have a free access to this part.

This directory could take over from the IFLA directory published more than ten years ago. It is not only a directory because it also allows to easily describe the covered zone of the world by each collection in few minutes. For internet users, a graphic interface allows to request this information. According to the geographical zone from which we search maps, a list of map libraries will be generated.

Thus all the map libraries will find an interest in participating to this directory.

The financial supports for the coming years depend on the success of this directory. For this reason I invite you to register your institution without further delay. All institutions whatever their size or their localization are welcome.

The portal for cartographic documents research will be available in a few weeks. The website also contains a lot of information about CartoMundi and its future.

Thanks for collaboration.

Jean-Luc Arnaud.

Head of CartoMundi