Hi all,
Me again - and yes, I have saved a number of things to ask GEM members all in one go!

Final one... please could anyone give me some advice about this object? My apologies if this object has already done the rounds as I believe my ex-education officer might have also sent it around for identification.

It's in our Tudor handling collection, but I think it is in fact a real Victorian or Edwardian object. This of course doesn't necessarily preclude it from being in a Tudors box, as they may have also used something similar but I really need to know one way or the other.

I am assuming something domestic - either washing or cooking related? I'm aware the chances of this being the case are high.

I'd also considered printing related as well... but there is no staining or other bits I would tend to associate with inking...

The other thing I'd also thought was something to do with milk churning...!

It is hopefully not a piece of Victorian erotica, which some poor desperate (and clearly frustrated) soul ventured as a guess.

If anyone has any better ideas please do pass them my way! Attached as jpegs and PDF as not sure if able to send jpegs.
Thanks,
Peta

Curator
Kingston Museum