Re: Picturebook titles crossing the Atlantic Dear Virginia,

I have yr Stories, Pictures and Reality and it’s fascinating.  Thank you for spending all those years keeping the diary and then writing the book, it is a very special publication.

Thank you also for these comments, they raise all sorts of issues again.  I am in absolute agreement that picturebooks help children understand other cultures and peoples, they play and essential role in this and it’s one of the (many) reasons we use picturebooks when teaching English as a second or foreign language around the world, ( I am an English teacher and trainer in Portugal where English is considered a foreign language).

I am enjoying reading such personal comments based on experience from the list, thanks.  Do keep them coming.

Sandie