Thanks for your positive response, Stephen.  Alas, the film's run at the Sundance Kabuki Cinema in San Francisco appears to have ended, or you could have witnessed the director's rather literal presentation of human and monkey ghosts.  Within his earlier film TROPICAL MALADY, a tiger ghost has a more convincing mimetic presence than the monkey ghosts, while at the same time connected to its image in locally-woven fabrics.  Consider this reportage on the director after winning the Palme d'Or, "Mr. Weerasethakul thanked 'all the spirits and ghosts in Thailand,' who made it 'possible for me to be here.'"

Barry