From: Open Educational Resources [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Hiten Vaghmaria
Sent: 16 March 2011 09:16
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Next Jorum Release

Dear all,

We'd like to share a 'sneak peek' of the next Jorum release with you. Some
of you may have been involved in our user testing (more information below),
so apologies if this is familiar.

We would also welcome any comments you may have on the changes we're
proposing. You can see a development version of our next release here:
http://dev1.jorum.ac.uk/xmlui/

Please note that the "Home", "Share", "Discuss", "News" and "Help" links in
the header will direct you to the live service, not the development version.
All other links should, however, point to the development version.

Please feel free to share your thoughts through this list, or with me
directly (mailto:[log in to unmask]), by April 8th 2011.

The main features in the release are:

- Addition of green ticks on search results pages to indicate if a user can
access the resource
- Modification of the advanced search page to include option of selecting
licence via check boxes
- New front page text on the DSpace home page
- Find and Share links in header underlined as appropriate if you are
finding or sharing
- Deposit section: automatic metadata field splitting based on delimiter
(e.g. keyword splitting on comma)

Why green ticks?
We also considered the use of padlocks, creative commons logos, and specific
icons for each licence type. Our user-testing showed, however, that many
users did not understand the more licence-specific iconography, and found
the green ticks to be the most intuitive option. We'd love to hear your
thoughts on this concept.

Kind regards,

Hiten Vaghmaria
Service Manager, Jorum

Scotland, with registration number SC005336.