From: Terri Morgan <[log in to unmask]>

> Walter of Pontoise (d. 1095 or 1099) Walter was from Andainville (France).

in Picarady (Somme), a few km. south of Abbeville.

http://www.mapquest.com/?q=49.8933333333333,1.78583333333333&zoom=8

> He entered the Benedictine monastery of Rebais in northern France

kinda.

about 30 miles due east of Paris, in the Brie, Seine-et-Marne, diocese of
Meaux.

http://www.maplandia.com/france/ile-de-france/seine-et-marne/meaux/rebais/

>and a few years later became first abbot of the newly founded monastery of
Pontoise near Paris.

maybe only 20 miles or so from the Cité, not on the Seine, but on the Oise
(site of a bridge, one might think) and, "on the Roman road, the Chaussée
Jules César, between Lutetia(Paris) and Rotomagus (Rouen)."

Chef-lieu of the Val d'Oise, historical capital of the Vexin.

http://maps.google.com/maps?q=pontoise&oe=utf-8&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a&um=1&ie=UTF-8&hq=&hnear=Pontoise,+France&gl=us&ei=XqmQTcuqOrSN0QGtvKWvCw&sa=X&oi=geocode_result&ct=image&resnum=1&ved=0CBwQ8gEwAA

to: [log in to unmask]
to: [log in to unmask]