Aw, rats.  Saints' limericks are beyond even my (happily low-brow)
imagination.  And yet once you think of it, it seems so inevitable:

A lesser-known saint of the regno.

Could anything scan more compellingly?

Erica

A slight note: I have, purposely, kept as many of Dr. Phyllis Jestice's
entries as she wrote them because I enjoy her wry humor in the entries. She
was careful to deliniate the source material she was using (switching
sources in June of each year. If you are interested, I can send you her
list.) I have also done the same for the earlier chroniclers, as some of
those entries are wonderfully tongue-in-cheek too. Although, I admit, I
didn't save the limericks. :)

happy reading,
Terri Morgan
--
Education is what remains after one has forgotten what one has learned in
school.  ~Albert Einstein

join the list, send the message: join medieval-religion YOUR NAME to:
[log in to unmask] To send a message to the list, address it to:
[log in to unmask] To leave the list, send the message: leave
medieval-religion to: [log in to unmask] In order to report problems or
to contact the list's owners, write to:
[log in to unmask] For further information, visit our
web site: http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/lists/medieval-religion.html

to: [log in to unmask]
to: [log in to unmask]