Dear Colleagues

There are two separate questions here that I would appreciate any feedback on please:

-          Are there any institutions that have recently decided to move towards in-house admissions systems, from a commercial system – any reasons that can be shared or note of the benefits this is bringing would be helpful as we review our own (currently in-house) systems again.

-          Do other institutions undertake a systematic check on new UG students’ music practical/theory grades that attract Tariff points for league table purposes? Are they recorded on the basis purely of the UCAS application form? Are any attempts made to capture grades completed after application (but before degree course start)?

Thank you in advance, any replies will be much appreciated.

Mrs Sheila Dowling

Head, Admissions Service

The University of Hull

Hull, HU6 7RX