Dear all,

I just thought I would send a brief email to introduce myself as I take over the co-ordinator role of the WebPA Special Interest Group (SIG) from Fiona, and to get any views from you on how to proceed this year.

In terms of myself, I was introduced to WebPA through Paul Chin of the Physical Sciences HEA subject centre – based here at Hull.

I recognised the potential to use WebPA to support the extensive teamwork activities in my own teaching in modules with quite large groups, and have now been using it for 3 years, with several hundred students.

I have spoken about my use of WebPA at various workshops and conferences – including one of the HEA Evidence Based Practice Seminars last year – as well as producing some conference and journal publications on Group Work and WebPA.

I am willing to give talks about the use of WebPA for colleagues if that is of assistance – from an academic’s standpoint – at places that are considering its use.

As far as the WEBPA SIG goes, it would be good to plan on some meetings for the coming year, which could be based on physical meetings or virtual ones, or a combination. I will send out a further email shortly for a short survey that will help us to plan out activities for the coming year.

In the meantime, if you have any suggestions or ideas for how to develop the WebPA SIG this year, please email the list or you can email me direct.

Regards

Neil

_______________________

Dr Neil A. Gordon

Lecturer, Director of Taught Postgraduate Studies, Departmental Selector

Department of Computer Science

The University of Hull

Cottingham Road

Hull, HU6 7RX