Dear Colleagues,

I am currently drafting a set of guidelines that explain different aspects of retention and disposal. Specifically I would like to explain to my regional team representatives in other countries, how the limitation periods are often used as a benchmark to assigning retention periods of records that are likely to be used for handling complaints and disputes over contractual obligations.

My concern is that not having legal expertise, I might get lost in legal jargon or interpretation. Has anyone written and/or is willing to share similar guidelines or has already came across this issue before? Any advice is welcome

Kind Regards,

Elena Psarra
Records Manager
The British Council

For any technical queries re JISC please email [log in to unmask] For any content based queries, please email [log in to unmask]