Fewer funds should not be used as an excuse to offer substantially less than a project is clearly worth. Considering the organisation who has circulated this tender, I would have hoped that they would value the project enough to resource it more sensibly.

After all, no kitchen fitter or roofer would accept being paid less for on a partial worktop or half tiled roof?

We have to value what we do more, otherwise no one else will, even in harder times. I don't think it should silently be tolerated.

All the best,
Tehmina