FLIRT coordinate transformation to tracts

hello everyone,

Sorry if this has been posted before.

I have some tracts that I created using a DWI processing program (mrtrix) and I want to register these to a T1 anatomical image.

I have managed to get the tract coordinates into voxel coordinates in terms of the DWI image and I have also performed a dimension swapping step (since the T1 image was in a different orientation to the DWI image).
I have registered the B=0 image to the T1 image and have a flirt transformation matrix.

My question is: what sequence of transformations do I need to apply my coordinates, which I have in voxel coordinates (so x = i, y = j, z = k) in my original image to get to the registered image?

Thus far I have tried:

let S be the original coordinate and T be the transformed

T = multiply S by the pixel dimensions in original image
T = qform of original * T
T = FLIRTMatrix * T
T = inv(qform of target) * T
T = divide S by the pixel dimensions in target image

But this did not work.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Dr Christopher Adamson, PhD (Melb.), B Software Engineering (Hons., Monash)
Research Officer
Developmental and Functional Brain Imaging, Critical Care and Neurosciences

Murdoch Childrens Research Institute
The Royal Children’s Hospital
Flemington Road Parkville Victoria 3052 Australia
T 9345 4306
M XXXX XXX XXX
E [log in to unmask]
www.mcri.edu.au