Dear all

We have three news items - sorry for any cross-posting.

1) The Centre for Multilevel Modelling team have released a new on-line course module  - Module 8: "Multilevel Modelling in Practice: Research Questions, Data Preparation and Analysis Lesson"

In this module we consider the whole process of conducting a research project using multilevel modelling, taking as an example a study of ethnic differences in educational achievement and progress. You will need to log on or register onto our course to view the full module. Further details can be found here:

http://www.cmm.bristol.ac.uk/learning-training/course-topics.shtml#m08

2) Professor Fiona Steele, Dr George Leckie and Dr Mark McCann will be giving a workshop in Belfast on 13-14 April 2011 - "Introduction to Multilevel Modelling in STATA"

Further details: http://www.ncrm.ac.uk/TandE/events2011/0413/index.php

3) Realcom Impute has been updated. A bug has been fixed in realcom-impute and realcom mixed response, that could have given incorrect values for some level 2 random effects associated with level 1 responses when level 1 categorical responses were present. Further details and to download Realcom Impute, go to:

http://www.cmm.bristol.ac.uk/research/Realcom/imputation.shtml

Very best regards,

Hilary Browne
Centre for Multilevel Modelling