3Dutf-8" http-equiv=Content-Type>
Anyone interested in this topic may also find it useful to contact Rhona O'Connell who is just finishing her PhD on this topic. If you would like to do this, let me know and Ill put you in touch. She has published a metasynthesis in this area:

O’Connell R, Downe S 2009 A metasynthesis of midwives’ experience of hospital practice in publicly funded settings: compliance, resistance and authenticity. Health: An Interdisciplinary Journal for the Social Study of Health, Illness and Medicine 13(6):589-609

All the best

Soo

>>> "Robyn Maude [CCDHB]" <[log in to unmask]> 10/01/2011 09:13 >>>
Hi Luise

You have said "The midwives know a lot about normal birth, but they are not able to protect it in the actual hospital situation." You idea for a study looks great. May I suggest you read the master of midwifery thesis by Suzanne Miller from New Zealand http://researcharchive.vuw.ac.nz.helicon.vuw.ac.nz/handle/10063/851

Robyn (email me again if you are unable to access this thesis)