Sent: 13 January 2011 11:47
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: exam attendance - naughty candidate

OK - tricky one which I have not come across before. It turns out we had a rather devious candidate at PSYA1 exam yesterday as he made sure he was witnessed in the exam location and even sat at his allocated exam desk for the entire exam duration, but he failed to complete the front of his q&a booklet or even attempt any of the questions. The invigilators (rightly?) marked him as present on the register, yet failed to see that the candidate was handing in a blank script at the end (I can only guess due to the high number of candidate sitting, they were focussing on numbers of papers, rather than the content of the papers -still to address this with the invigilators concerned).
After alerting the lecturer to this, the lecturer has double checked with some candidates from the same class that he was indeed there. The candidate has got suspicious of this, so is now saying to the lecturer that he did attempt the QP and did put his name and candidate number on the front. We know he is lying, and that he will complain in March that he has received no result, then accuse us of losing his script.
What I want to know is what is the official line on this in terms of the attendance register and the scripts matching up - I actually have instructed to my guy collating the scripts to overwrite the register so it shows as absent against this candidate as we are not returning anything to AQA.
I am hoping that as the candidate has not signed the front of the QP to authorise his attendance, he has voided himself from the exam - what do you think?

Elaine Monks
Assessments & Achievements Manager
Yeovil College - Exams
National centre number 63459
* 01935 845523
*  01935 429962
* www.yeovil.ac.uk<http://www.yeovil.ac.uk>

________________________________
Note:
This message is for the named person's use only.  It may contain confidential, proprietary or legally privileged information.  No confidentiality or privilege is waived or lost by any mistransmission.  If you receive this message in error, please immediately delete it and all copies of it from your system, destroy any hard copies of it and notify the sender.  You must not, directly or indirectly, use, disclose, distribute, print, or copy any part of this message if you are not the intended recipient. Yeovil College and any of its subsidiaries each reserve the right to monitor all e-mail communications through its networks.
Any views expressed in this message are those of the individual sender, except where the message states otherwise and the sender is authorized to state them to be the views of any such entity.

Thank You.
This e-mail message has been scanned for Viruses and Content and cleared by MailMarshal

Please consider the environment and don't print this email unless you really need to.