Dear Colleagues,

We have been running our 1 day Evidence Based Practice workshops for a year now and have greatly enjoyed them.  We are now looking to update our teaching materials for the year ahead.

Can anyone recommend a recent (last couple of years) straightforward RCT or Systematic Review to use when teaching critical appraisal to total novice audiences?  We have a few papers that we could use but it's always nice to use a tried and tested one, or one that people have found that participants respond well to.

I'm very happy to collate responses and share with the list if others would find this interesting.

Kind regards,

Kate

Kate Boddy

Associate Research Fellow

Patient and Public Involvement Team

PenCLAHRC

Peninsula College of Medicine and Dentistry

Universities of Exeter and Plymouth

Veysey Building

Salmon Pool Lane

Exeter