Records Management Update 2011: The Challenges of Data Retention and Records Transfer in Cloud Computing

16 February 2011, London

Please let me know if you would like details of this conference – I will be delighted to email to you information or you can download an agenda from the following link:

My email is [log in to unmask] and direct telephone number 01895 819 475.

The price of the conference is £195 if booked before 21 January (£300 thereafter) and members of IRMS are entitled to 20% discount.

This conference focuses on the issues facing IRM Professionals who are exploring the use of Cloud Computing and other technological solutions.  Aimed at both public and private sector organizations, it covers topics such as retention and disposition, retrieval, legal responsibility and many other current issues.  Presentations include the experience of G-Cloud from the Department for Education, and the views of the ICO.  There are also updates on MoReq2010 and Sharepoint 2010.

Records Management 2011: The five key questions

James Lappin, Thinking Records

IWP2.0 – Managing RM with the Information Workplace Platform

Alexis Castillo-Soto, Department for Education

C:DRM, Cloud Based Document and Records Management.

Ed Fowler, Capgemini UK

The “G-Cloud”- an ICO perspective

Lynne Shackley, Information Commissioner’s Office

The Ins and Outs of MoReq2010

Jon Garde, Journal IT

SharePoint 2010 for Records Management: Exploring the options

Sharon Richardson, Joining Dots

Records Retention – are the current methods for managing records retention flexible enough to retain documents in the ‘cloud’?

Alison North – The Genuine Group Ltd

Panel and Discussion Session

Conference details and programme can be downloaded from For further information please call 01895 256 484 or email [log in to unmask]

Kind regards,

Alec McCutcheon

UNICOM Seminars Ltd

Optirisk R&D House