*        http://www.anthropologymatters.com            *
* A postgraduate project comprising online journal,    *
* online discussions, teaching and research resources  *
* and international contacts directory.                *

Hello all

The next meeting of Apply (the ASA network for Applied Anthropologists)
will be on Wednesday 2nd Feb 2011, 6-8 p.m. in London. We will meet
upstairs in the meeting room at The Royal Anthropological Institute, 50
Fitzroy Street,
London, W1T 5BT. Info on how to get there can be found at:
<http://www.therai.org.uk/contact-us/contact-us/>

We're very grateful to the RAI for providing us with a venue to meet. As
previously, please contact ME, not the RAI with any queries.

At the last meeting we started to plan workshops, we discussed the
relationship with Anthropology in Action, and have made moves to update the
website content, which several people are kindly working on.

So far, topics raised with me for discussion at the Feb gathering include:

-> Name of the Network (e.g. whether terms such as 'engaged'/'embedded'
rather than or in addition to 'applied' might fit us better: up for
discussion)
-> Presence of the Network at ASA 2011 and other conferences
-> Developing the link between Apply and Anthropology in Action

Thanks to those of you who have already sent your views, discussion ideas
and whether you are coming or not. If you haven't already done so, please
let me know if you can make it and if you have other topics to discuss.

I also attach a small flyer about the network which you might find helpful
and might be of interest to others.

Kind regards, and my usual apologies for cross-posting.

Rachael

----------------------
Rachael Gooberman-Hill
Senior Research Fellow