Dear Gillie

Normal domestic chest freezers run at -18 but for pest de-infestation,
you need to leave your things in for 14 days at this temperature.  When
we replaced our chest freezer, we went for one that is intended for
scientific sample storage.  It actually seems to run at -40, but we
needed a particular size to fit insect drawers in flat.  For pest de-in
festation, -30 requires only 72 hours so much quicker turn around.

Kate

Katherine Andrew
Principal Heritage Officer
Herefordshire Heritage Services

Museum Resource & Learning Centre
58, Friar Street
Hereford
HR4 0AS

phone 01432 383590
fax 01432 260161
Courier code H16A
web site www.herefordshire.gov.uk/museums
Check out www.herefordshire.gov.uk/brianhatton for a fantastic new
learning resource on this local artist
Herefordshire Council's Cultural Service providing opportunities in
Arts, Museums and Heritage, Libraries and Sports Development to
residents and visitors.