----- Original Message -----
From: [log in to unmask] href="mailto:[log in to unmask]">Farrell, Milly
To: [log in to unmask] href="mailto:[log in to unmask]">[log in to unmask]
Sent: Friday, December 03, 2010 3:57 PM
Subject: Carcharhinus sp.

Hello everyone,

Can I have some opinions on the species of this shark jaw please? The label states ‘Carcharius sp.’ I’m hoping that it is a Great White (Carcharodon carcharius) although perhaps on the tad small size! But I’m by no means a shark expert so please could you get back to me if you have any suggestions.

Many thanks,

Milly

Milly Farrell | Assistant Curator | Museums

The Royal College of Surgeons of England | 35-43 Lincoln’s Inn Fields | London WC2A 3PE

t: 020 7869 6500 | f: 020 7869 6564 | e: mfarrell@rcseng.ac.uk | w: http://www.rcseng.ac.uk