Cecilia, the first printed edition of the Roman Missal (1474) was edited by
Robert Lippe in 2 vols. (Text, 1899, Collation with other editions, 1907)
and is available on the web here:
    http://www.archive.org/details/missaleromanumm01churgoog

If you're chasing resonances and all you want is "a generally reliable
indication" of the Roman Mass tradition before Trent, this may be a good
place to start, but, as you know, there were textual variations over time
and place. The Lippe ed. gives the references for the biblical readings but
not for other (usually biblical) texts such as introits, etc.

Henry Bradshaw Society volumes are available as print-on-demand:
    v. 1: http://www.boydellandbrewer.com/store/viewItem.asp?idProduct=10364
    v. 2: http://www.boydellandbrewer.com/store/viewItem.asp?idProduct=13300

There are others on the list much more expert, but I hope this is helpful.
-- Paul Chandler

--
Paul Chandler, O.Carm.
Holy Spirit Seminary  |  PO Box 18 (487 Earnshaw Road)  |  Banyo Qld 4014
|  Australia
office: (07) 3246 9888  |  home: (07) 3246 9894

to: [log in to unmask]
to: [log in to unmask]