From: List for discussion of issues in museum education in the UK. [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Sally Russell
Sent: 02 December 2010 17:08
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: WW2 Sessions near Swindon??

A quick plea!

We have a school in Wrougton in Swindon wanting to come to do 3 WW2 Activity days at Chertsey Museum.

They are Year 2 children- and the journey to get here for a 9.30 start is going to take them about 2 hours to get here- and as much as I think we are a fabulous museum, we have one WW2 display case to see and the rest is just activities. (so not worth a 3.5 hour round trip!)

Is there a museum that is no more than 20-30 miles drive from Swindon that I can suggest they visit for a WW2 activity day?

If you can let me know where you are- what you can do and the cost that would be fabulous- so I can pass it onto the school.

Thanks
Sally

The views expressed in this email are personal and may not necessarily reflect those of Swindon Borough Council unless explicitly stated otherwise.

If you have received this email in error, please notify me immediately. If you are not the intended recipient of this email, you should not copy it for any purpose, or disclose it's contents to any other person.

Senders and recipients of email should be aware that, under the Data Protection Act 1998 and Freedom of Information Act 2000, the contents may have to be disclosed.  The contents may be subject to recording and/or monitoring in accordance with relevant legislation

This footnote also confirms that this email has been swept by Anti-Virus software for the presence of computer viruses. However, Swindon Borough Council cannot accept liability for viruses that may be in this email and we recommend that you check all emails with an appropriate virus scanner.