I have been keeping track of the last few messages on this topic, but I don't know precisely what's going on, seeing as how I am in the States. Can someone offer me a summary please?

Tony Mills

Date: Thu, 9 Dec 2010 11:43:05 -0500
From: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: FILM-PHILOSOPHY
To: [log in to unmask]

Alan,

As it makes me proud to be an anglophile that you're students are out protesting, It makes me ashamed to be an American that our students are not.

We must therefore never assume that cultures always evolve to a higer form. Two generations ago --mine-- things were different; so we're left to wonder how things went beyond the zero.

Perhaps the difference, as Nagel wrote in this month's NYRB, is that Americans lack a realistic picture of that class identity which categorically states that there is no peace.

Ciao, Bill Harris

-- Film-Philosophy After hitting 'reply' please always delete the text of the message you are replying to To leave, send the message: leave film-philosophy to: [log in to unmask] Or visit: http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/lists/film-philosophy.html For technical help email: [log in to unmask], not the list -- Film-Philosophy journal: http://www.film-philosophy.com/ Film-Philosophy Conference (6-8 July 2011): http://www.film-philosophy.com/conference/ Contact: [log in to unmask] -- -- Film-Philosophy After hitting 'reply' please always delete the text of the message you are replying to To leave, send the message: leave film-philosophy to: [log in to unmask] Or visit: http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/lists/film-philosophy.html For technical help email: [log in to unmask], not the list -- Film-Philosophy journal: http://www.film-philosophy.com/ Film-Philosophy Conference (6-8 July 2011): http://www.film-philosophy.com/conference/ Contact: [log in to unmask] --