From: ARC Assessment Practitioners Group [[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of M Fagg [[log in to unmask]]
Sent: 04 November 2010 13:36
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Examinations - how many in a day/gaps between

Dear All - another exam related question!!

Here at Surrey we have very limited space for examinations, and there are issues for students if they have to sit more than one exam per day. We run exams from 9:30 am until 9:00 pm and will use Saturdays (and do).

Do colleagues put a limit on the number of exams students may sit in any one day?
Is there a prescribed period of time between each exam the student sits  - and if so how long. Our students would like at least two hours between exams if they have more than one per day.
Is there a limit on the number of exams occurring consecutively over a number of days eg: do students have an exam every day for four days?

All responses gratefully received - will collate and circulate afterwards
Kind regards
Miv

Miv Fagg
Senior Assistant Registrar