*** Engagement: Evidence and Practice - Tools for developing partnerships between students and academics ***
Student engagement has demonstrable benefits for student learning. Many institutions and students’ unions are developing partnerships in order to improve the design, content and delivery of academic programmes. The National Union of Students (NUS) and the Higher Education Academy (HEA) have been collaborating on the development of evidence-based tools to help students and academics improve the ways that they initiate and sustain these partnerships.
This one day conference will enable delegates to:
• Gain an understanding of the research and evidence-base for student engagement
• Familiarise themselves with the student engagement toolkit
• Explore opportunities for developing partnerships in their own context
The event, which will bring together students, students’ union elected officers and staff, institution managers and academics will explore the resources of the student engagement toolkit which will provide practical materials for delegates to use.
• Aaron Porter, President and Usman Ali, Vice-President Higher Education, NUS
• William Locke, Head of Teaching and Learning, Hefce
• Prof. Paul Trowler, Lancaster University
Practical workshops covering:
• student representation
• feedback from students
• involving students in curriculum design
Cost: £75 ex. VAT
There is a limited number of bursaries available for organisations that would otherwise be unable to send delegates to the event. Email [log in to unmask] for further details.
London event - 15 November 2010 (http://www.regonline.co.uk/Register/Checkin.aspx?EventID=897372)
Manchester event - 18 November 2010 (http://www.regonline.co.uk/Register/Checkin.aspx?EventID=897394)