Hi Jesper -

Thanks for your thoughtful analysis. Do you think it might be possible to
reduce this effect by producing my own "older brain" FA template? If so, can
you let me know if this method seems kosher: I recall on the list one method
of doing is is to first warp each individual FA image to the template,
produce the mean FA image, and then warp each individual FA image to this
mean FA, produce a new mean FA, and repeat until there is little difference
between the successively produced mean images.

If this does not reduce the problem, the ultimate question is how usable
this data is. I have deprojected the skeleton into each subjects native
space to assess where the voxels are originating from, and it looks
reasonable. If my voxel-wise analysis does not produce significance in the
area of these bands, I feel I can trust the rest of the results.